Friday, June 08, 2007

Friday Fun: #1 Song the Day You were Born


A friend just sent me this fun site: The #1 Song on this Date in History.

It is easy to use and you can have lots of fun looking up what was #1 on the day you were born, the day you got married, or any other occasion.

For me, the #1 song on the day I was born was "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" by The Righteous Brothers. I have also looked up the #1 songs for everyone in my family. It is fun! Give it a try!

I think I am going to incorporate this site in to my Introduction to the Internet class (I just happen to be updating it this month). The song lists go back to 1890 so even older adults will be able to find their #1 song and it will be a fun exercise for practicing mouse skills, following links and scrolling.

So, now we can all share -- What was the #1 song on the day you were born? (then we can all have fun guessing what year it was!)


Labels:

4 Comments:

At June 09, 2007 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... "Love is Blue" by Paul Mauriat. Since it may not tell you much, how about I let on that one year before it was "Ruby Tuesday" by the Stones, and two years later, it was "Bridge over Troubled Waters" by Simon and Garfunkel.

 
At June 12, 2007 5:43 AM, Blogger Amy J. Kearns, MLIS said...

WOW! That's awesome - thank you SO MUCH!

This is also the strangest thing: I just heard my husband claim that this song was the #1 song the week he was born. However, I was born ing 1972 and he was born in 1968 and MINE according to thsi site is "Alone Again (Naturally)" by Gilbert O'Sullivan.

I hope I'm not going to shatter all his illusions .....

 
At June 14, 2007 3:06 PM, Blogger Lisa Coats said...

"(Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding

My sister just sent me this same site yesterday. It must be making the rounds. When I looked up my song, I couldn't get it out of my head all day!

 
At June 14, 2007 6:03 PM, Blogger Susan said...

What fun! Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" on graduation day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home