Thursday, May 31, 2007

8 Things (Janie)

Since our entire blog has been tagged (and since I have been too overwhelmed lately to post), this is a good reason to play along with the 8 random things meme. Posts of substance are in the works, I just need a few more hours in my days.

1. In 7th grade I wanted to be a cruise director like Julie on The Love Boat. The funny thing is that being the program coordinator at a public library is very similar in many ways, so I guess I achieved this aspiration.

2. My first childhood pet was a goldfish named Goldie. Apparently I was not terribly original when it came to names as a child because I also had a teddy bear named Bear-Bear and a doll named Dollie.

3. I am terrified of bats. This fear is not without reason, but the story is too complex for this post.

4. I used to be able to sing along to the entire soundtrack of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and can still make it through all of the Time Warp without prompts.

5. I have read every single book by Margaret Atwood, some more than once.

6. I am happiest when I am at the family cottage in the Kawartha Region of Ontario. I could happily spend my entire summer on the lake with nothing but a pile of books, jigsaw puzzles and a canoe or kayak.

7. My family is planning a trip to Disney World this September. The last time I was there was in 1975, the year that Space Mountain opened and it was a really big deal. My husband has not been there since 1977 and this will be Alex's first trip. I hope it is not 30+ years before we go again.

8. I think Parker Posey is absolutely brilliant and many of her films are among my all time favorites. Party Girl should be required viewing in library school. In fact, when it first came out I was in library school and about 40 of us went to theatre to see it together -- including the dean of the school and several professors.

Now my turn to tag. I think this meme requires 8 people to tag, so I am going to tag Pop Goes the Library and all of their blogging team (that takes care of 5 with one) as well as Helene Blowers, Karen Schneider, and Christopher Harris (who was an undergrad at HWS when I worked there as a Reference Librarian... makes me feel old).

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 12:52 PM, Blogger Amy J. Kearns, MLIS said...

I'm going to call you Julie from now on! ;-)

I think you tagging 8 other people is enough, right!?

 
At May 31, 2007 3:32 PM, Blogger Peter Bromberg said...

Janie,

Suzanne and I are seriously considering putting up a bathouse in our yard to eat the skeeters. I'll shoot for AFTER our Library Garden Barbeque in August :-)

-pete

 
At May 31, 2007 4:31 PM, Blogger Janie L. Hermann said...

Okay, I must be tired... because I read that the first time as bath house and did not get the connection. I was thinking a bathouse sounded relaxing, until I realized you were referring to fuzzy flying creatures...

In any event, I am so looking forward to our LG BBQ that I don't think a few bats will keep me away (force me inside after dark for sure, but not keep me away).

 
At May 31, 2007 6:12 PM, Blogger Amy J. Kearns, MLIS said...

I too read it several times as BATH HOUSE and could NOT get it!

LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home