Friday, April 13, 2007

God bless you Mr. Vonnegut

Listen: "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."

Listen: "A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved."

Thanks Mr. Vonnegut. Thanks for giving me, "If this isn't nice, what is." and farting/tap-dancing aliens and ice-nine and Bokononism and grandfalloons. Thanks for karasses and duprasses and tralfalmadorians. Thanks for Kilgore Trout and Dwayne Hoover. Thanks for Billy Pilgrim. Thanks for Eliot Rosewater and Wanda June. Thanks for your honesty. Thanks for your humor. Thanks for your humanity.

Busy, busy, busy...
So it goes...
Goodbye.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 13, 2007 11:40 AM, Blogger Tyler Rousseau said...

Pooteeweet!

When asked if I fear the future and responded by saying, "it is the past that scares the bejesus out of me!"

I've learned it was linear and meaningless, yet wondefully interesting along the line. And for that, I will never forget Kurt Vonnegut.

And now if you will excuse me, I am going to laugh my butt off for the poor bastard...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home