Thursday, May 10, 2007

Library Futures Conference - some resources

Wow! How will I get the TIME to deal with all that happened at the Futures Conference? Time was one of the major themes throughout the conference: Time is "speeding up," we have a "distorted sense" of time; etc...

Some of the other themes were:
Change (of course)
People - we need to focus on, not just books, information, etc.
Reflection - people need space/time to reflect on all the amazing experiences that new technologies allow us to have - the library could be the perfect place for that!
(I'll add more later)


I am eager to get some of my notes and thoughts out there - I think Pete's first post did a great job of capturing the "library spaces" program and I hope he'll share more of his notes!

For now, here are a few resources, b/c I am eagerly awaiting the posting of all the presentations, podcasts, information etc. from the conference:

Ray Kurzweil's site
Bob Treadway's site
Joan Frye William's site
Mary Catherine Bateson's site

Those are the only ones I can put up quickly - I really can't wait until all the materials are made available so that they may be shared as widely as possible with those who were not able to attend.

I also really love when different things start to "come together." I found these things last night and they really relate to the conference:

Pushing Through The Dip and this via Helene Blowers on flickr
Google's trend watch
Learning 2.0 Throughout the World and
Spring into Learning 2.0

Actually, I think all of those resulted originally from me looking at Helene Blowers' flickr site!

I have already had to create a "futures" folder for myself for all the things that have been flying around today already as a result of the conference! That is probably one mark of an excellent conference!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home