Monday, May 07, 2007

The Future's So Bright . . .

Robert's here!
Pete's here!
Lots of friendly, happy, familiar NJ librarians are here! And lots of happy, friendly and not-yet-familiar out-of-state librarians are here!

The wireless here in The Borgata seems to be great in some places and not-so-great in others, despite the promise of free wi-fi all over the hotel! Tomorrow I have to conduct a webinar from here and I have finally secured a location but now need to confirm decent Internet access (more on that later).

The first session here was already inspiring - I went to Salvador Avila's presentation (I believe many presentations and even podcasts and information is to be made available on the Palinet site) and already, from that session, I was invited to take part in some "brainstorming" for a project - however, I had previously arranged a brainstorming lunch with Pete so I'll have to be brought up to speed on their brainstorms later on!

There's tons of brainpower here! I started that post this morning at 9am and couldn't get enough good online time to justify running my battery on the laptop down, so I took hand-written notes and will post those tomorrow - it's 12:35am! - so that is today, I guess! I would have done it earlier tonight but I was very good and attended my online class from 7-9pm!

I have already posted my first set of photos on flickr - I'm exhausted though so more from my notes tomorrow!

[Note to Pete and self - we forgot to talk specifically about CLENE!]

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 08, 2007 8:54 AM, Blogger Janie L. Hermann said...

Sounds like a fantastic conference -- I knew it would be. I really, really wanted to go and am incredibly jealous that you, Pete and Robert are there without me. I guess I will have to live vicariously via your posts and flickr photostream.

Also, please do talk to Pete more about CLENE -- it is the best!

 
At May 10, 2007 2:37 PM, Blogger Amy J. Kearns, MLIS said...

Thanks, Janie! And I did join CLENE! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home