Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday Fun!

This really has nothing to do with libraries, but I found it amusing... and it is interactive between an agency and the public, which is social and so sort of related to my interests in social software and technology and libraries.... and, anyway, it's Friday, so... check this out:

You can vote on which Star Wars character will have his/her/their/its own sheet of stamps! You can vote once a day and you can vote for different characters each time. I'm not a big Star Wars fan even, but I have been having fun voting and I'm leaning toward Yoda myself!

Apparently, the USPS hasn't been too keen on getting the public's input in the past - according to the site, this is only the second time in history that fans will make the decision about which stamp will be issued.

The choice is in your hands. Time is running out.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At April 20, 2007 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I totally voted for Yoda last week. ;)

 
At April 20, 2007 12:07 PM, Blogger Amy J. Kearns, MLIS said...

Go, Yoda! ;-)

 
At April 20, 2007 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've decided it's all about Vader. Because I think it'd be really neat to see him on a stamp.

Though I was torn between that one, Yoda, the Emperor and the Leia/R2D2 one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home