Friday, January 02, 2009

Nine Predictions and 5 3/4 Questions for the New Year

A very Happy New Year to readers in the Garden!

I've come across two little gems that have helped get my head and my heart in the right place as I embark on another (universe willing) 365 revolutions.

The first is Branding Guru Tom Asacker's Nine Predictions for 2009. This isn't your your typical "let me tell you how it's gonna be" upchuck of New Year prognostications. I love Asacker's wit, warmth, and wisdom. If you like his predictions, I highly recommend subscribing to his blog feed and/or his insight-packed and highly readable and entertaining books. (Note: Asacker's predictions are posted as a PDF. If you want to read in more bookmark-cut-and-pastable html, see link at: http://www.smallbusinessadvocate.com.)


The second gem is Michael Stanier's The 5.75 Questions You've Been Avoiding. It's a very nice flash animation with a drummy-jazzy soundtrack. Have a pen handy or plan on watching it twice! If you dig it, check out Michael's blog, The Possibility Virus.


Bon Appétit!

As for me, I'm not big on New Year's Resolutions. But one of my intentions for 2009 is to continue to ask and answer the question, "What is the need here, and how may I be of service?" AND to remember to factor my own needs into the equation.

Wishing you all good things in 2009!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 02, 2009 2:29 PM, Blogger Julie said...

eeeeexcellent intention for this year. and every year! I'm going to borrow it for my work-goals for this year. :-) Merry 09!

 
At January 02, 2009 4:45 PM, Blogger Marie L. Radford said...

I'm always interested in predictions for the future. Will check out your links, TY for the head's up! I've been invited to do a keynote on the future of reference for Palinet this spring, so am looking for material to get my thinking going.

 
At January 02, 2009 5:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year Peter! Stay passionate!

P.S. Since the Pats are out . . . Go Giants! :)

 
At January 03, 2009 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the 9 predictions - good advice for living at any time and a motivation at the start of the year

 
At January 28, 2009 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let it be....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home