Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Tetris, Library Arcade and Brownies

I was going to save these for a little "Friday Fun" at the end of the week, but I have a few spare minutes between meetings so I am sharing early. Here are three totally unrelated items that in the last 24 hours have made me sit back and go "Whoa, is that ever cool".

The first is library-related: The Library Arcade at Carnegie Mellon University Libraries. I have not had much of a chance to play, but will definitely be trying to master both of these games at some point.

The seconds is just pure geek fun: Mikontalolights created by students in Finland who transformed a school dorm in to the world's largest Tetris game. Here it is in action:



And finally, a little something that I have added to my holiday wish list. I am an edge lover and Baker's Edge is like an answer to my prayers (and I also wonder how come I didn't think of this myself!). Isn't it a think of beauty?


2 Comments:

At December 05, 2007 5:31 PM, Blogger TBL said...

Wow, that edge lovers thing is too cool - thanks for sharing it with us!

 
At December 06, 2007 1:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Janie - good finds!

I really like the cribcandy site at http://www.cribcandy.com/all/ to find innovative industrial designs like the edge lovers pan - they have lots of categories, but considering your interest here you might like the kitchen section at http://www.cribcandy.com/kitchen

Oh, and did I mention there is an RSS feed? ;)

cya! j.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home